Alphamed Pty Ltd commenced operation in 1985, initially exporting to the Fiji and the other South Pacific island markets. By 1990 Alphamed had become one of the largest distributors of pharmaceutical products in Fiji and had established its supply chain through to pharmacies, private hospitals, medical clinics and government tenders in the South Pacific.
Over time, Alphamed also expanded its portfolio of healthcare products to consumer healthcare/OTC and medical consumables, and also implemented geographical expansion into new territories.
From 1998 onwards, the strategic focus of the business shifted from being just a wholesaler/distributor/exporter to an organization that can develop and market new and innovative brands, with strong commercial relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers and customers.
- Put patients and consumers welfare and benefit at the forefront of our activities.
- Continuously instil processes to ensure ethical, fair and transparent business dealings with external parties.
- Aspire to high standards in our internal processes and with robust governance standards.
- Commit to employee education and training to help them realize their full potential.
- Strive to work with our suppliers and partners in a collaborative and responsive way to reach a win-win outcome.
- Alphamed Pty Ltd has an office and a warehouse in Auburn (NSW, Australia) from which products can be consolidated and dispatched.
- Alphamed also has affiliate companies and partners in the South Pacific region to provide extensive customer coverage for sales/marketing as well as for distribution/logistics in the region.
Underpinning Alphamed’s capabilities are individuals with substantial functional and Australian/South Pacific regional experience, as well as strong healthcare/commercial backgrounds and networks in the pharmaceuticals industry.
Included in the team are pharmacists with experience in both retail and hospital pharmacy, substantial experience in a multi-national pharmaceutical company in strategy and new business development, and a long history of operational experience across the product development, market research/analytics, sales/marketing and distribution/logistics functions.